Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Elias Journey to go Home

A grandmother logs her Journey to an International Adoption of a baby girl from Mexico. Then follows her as she adapts to her Forever Family

Monday, February 27, 2006

The first time I saw her

We rang the doorbell. The nuns were expecting us. The door opened. My camera is propped and ready. I want to share with all of you the moment I first laid eyes on my prescious grandbaby. Here it is. What I didn't know was the nuns are almost never in a photo...they avoid it always in newspapers etc. Too late. I have it captured. Elia and I will both know forever what that moment loooked like. I seemed to get along OK with Madre Terra so I think she forgave my ignorance and just let me "us" enjoy our time with Elia. I am so!!! in love with this little baby girl. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    Elia is absolutely beautiful! What a relief that she is finally in your daughter's arms! I am very glad that all went well this week.
    Hope to see more photos soon!!

    Sue B

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger glo said…

    Hi Sue. I tried to follow you post to leave a comment on your site, but I guess I don't know how to get there. Anyway...they are still travelling to and from the orphange 2 to 3 times a week. We did get the adoption decree and the birth certificate done this week tough. Now all the paperwork is being translated and it will be off to INS, they can then just wait for their travel date. At that point they take a 6 hour journey to Juares, stand in a long line and get her visa to come to America. They will cross the border aorund El Paso Texas, and take the US roads back to AZ which is their home state. We have hopefully only a few short weeks to go. Thanks for posting. Will try to get a picture of Elia fingerprinting her birth Certificate up here this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page