Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Elias Journey to go Home

A grandmother logs her Journey to an International Adoption of a baby girl from Mexico. Then follows her as she adapts to her Forever Family

Monday, June 26, 2006

Church Surprise Elia is home!!!


Church Surprise Elia is home!!!
Video sent by glo77
After a 22 hour round trip to Tijuana in the middle of the week, a Home Church is "Very surprised to find out that this morning's "Special" is much more than just a pretty song about Love.

This church family as well as many other friends and family from around the country prayed for and supported this young couple through their adoption of this baby girl. At times it seemed like an endless journey. There were lots of "pretty difficult long weeks, that seemed to never come to an end".

And suddenly almost out of nowhere, they were to get their baby at an orphanage at 3 am on a Wed morning, and make that dirve to Tijuana and then home on Fri. Saturdaythey still found the time and energy to put together a wonderful moment of praise and celebration for their Church family.

Their prayers and the prayers of many many others had been answered. The man in the video who makes the surprise entrance near the end of the song is someone Elia's family has now named "Uncle Jerry".

The song is by Natalie Grant entitiled ..Held..and is being sung by My daughterBecky... Elia's Mommy , the pianist is my son-in-law ...Elia's Dad.

If you listen all the way through I think you will agree ; this church family is absolutely and very pleasantly surprised at what has unfolded in front of them this Sunday morning.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful way to praise the Lord for His good works! Becky's song is so inspirational. I bet when Uncle Jerry walked in with Elia the congregation practically melted! Finally! The happy ending we've been praying for!

    Kathi F

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Eagle-Eyed Sharon said…

    Oh Glo, truly a most beautiful blessing and miracle. I am sitting here crying like a baby! That was so beautiful. It just shows me if we do that next right thing, God will take care of the rest!! I love you for sharing this with us!! It has truly made my day!!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, this is just way too much. What a precious moment to be had by all who have prayer for this family! I love it when Elia says, "mama" at the very end of her song. I bet they were just in awe. He is so good to us, and yet at times, it so hard to know that He is still with us, He has not left us, He will not foresake us. I know the road was long and hard, but what a blessing to now be together and home! Thanks for sharing this! I do have to say, I have heard Beck sing, yes perfect pitch Beck...this does not do her voice justice, but it is wonderful to hear this song and know that the Lord was holding all of them the whole time! Thank you!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Mema Jo said…

    There isn't any question that a child in your life is a blessing from God! Glo - you, I know, are so proud of this special family. Much happiness to all.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so thrilled to finally see this video! I of course sat and bawled too, and my husband called right in the middle of it and thought something was wrong with me. :) It's so wonderful to see them together! What a blessed little family.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Hallelujah, she's home! That is quite a blessing! Congratulations! So, so happy for all of you!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Red said…

    How beautiful Gloria.

    Thank you for allowing all of us the privledge of being her prayer warriers.. what an awsome gift of God she is.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    I remember when you first posted about that service, so I sat crying and crying when I saw Elia coming up the aisle into mom's arms. So sweet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page